Wednesday, March 24, 2010

thankin' and smilin'
















just thankin of old frannds. :) and smilin of old days.... 

i was talking with a guy friend of mine yesterday that i (kind of) grew up with, about life... by the way, i consider anything from middle school on, growing up. because, let's admit, we do A LOT of wild, crazy 'growing up' at that age. well, anyway, he was asking me about all of our fabulous hometown friends and how they were all doing, where their lives had taken them, what kinds of cool exciting jobs they had gotten themselves into, etc... and well, it got me to thinking about just howwww time flies so quickly. i've known this and i often when i think about it's seriousness, say to myself, wowww. a month no longer seems like a month. it seems like 4 weeks that really breaks down into one week at a time that breaks down into 7 days and then, every single day is like a blink.... and it's gone. like whoooooosh. weird. that was kind of very confusing. a description that seems somewhat scattered, kind of like my brain. but, anywayzzz... it made me kind of reflect on where i am now, compared to where i was like 5 years ago. & compared to where i thought i would be 5 years from that point, i feel like i am doing pretty well. :) i'm satisfied. that's important i guess. growing up is bittersweet. i miss my old lifetime friends. i want to see them everyday and hug on em' and love on em.' that would be in a dream world. but, regardless, old friends...... you are in my heart and on my mind. ALWAYS. 

Happy Humpday! and yayyy! I bought a lonnnnng time wished for, mint green beach cruiser today! HIPHIP!

xxL


2 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Lydia- this was my early reading this a.m. and I wanted to tell you that we we are having the same thoughts on this 24th day of March! The subject of time has been on my mind lately, maybe because I am now 50, have now been married 30 years or that my children are now closer to 30 than 20! Jeff and I have been married 30 years today and I was thinking where does the time go- if it flies, where to?
    One thing I do know is it's irreplaceable. We make the best of the time God has given us and be the best we can be for Him. I think of you often Lydia, we have alot of good memories.By the way I am still waiting on YOUR page in my b'day scrapbook- wouldn't be complete without it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet miss cindy,
    you just brought a tear to my eye. really. :) i think of you more often than any normal person should admit to. and, i would like you to know, i am 100%, without a doubt making you a scrapbook page. that will never go without being done. it was quite hard when i was home to accomplish it and then, getting back to CA, i had no pictures! but, i PROMISE that will be on my ''to-do'' list when i come home for the summer months. a little late, but EXTRA special.... no matter how fast time goes, or where, it will always be filled with lots and lots of memories made up of tiny little (or BIG) 'moments'. it adds up fast, ya know? as fast as it goes by. i think, wow, i am sincerely blessed to have had the chances and opportunities and experiences, and i just bask in that. :) as have you. regardless of age, or years, or time, it is clear that you are blessed with LOTS of little 'moments.' i love ya cindy ella! thanks for the comment. happy anniversary to you and JEFFY! hope all is so happy and wonderful (as it always was) at the Price household. you all are on my mind. <3

    ReplyDelete