Friday, April 23, 2010

abscessed.

no. i didn't say, obsessed. i said, abscessed. and by that i mean, yes, my tooth. can you say TERRIBLE, MISERABLE pain?? cuz that's what i am SCREAMINg. i have been battling this little/kinda big problem for over 2 years now but didn't realize what the severity of it actually was. about a week ago, i started having severe pain on one of my back teef. (#14 to be exact). sooo i, of course, sulked in my misery and pain and expected it to just go away on its own. well, unfortunately, that didn't happen. i started running a fever of 102 for 2 days and was in the bed crying like an infant. so, with that said, i finally realized something needed to be done. problem is, a. i have no dental insurance. and b. i have no california dentist. sad life huh... long story made short, my dentist from home calls me in some meds to tame the infection that was obviously affecting my blood stream and commands me to be seen to establish the urgency of this handicapped tooth. so today was the day. after 2 weeks of being on antibiotics and thankfully experiencing less pain, i went to see the dentist! which, mind you, was the SWEETEST lady i have ever met in my life. i wanted to go home with her. but, that's beside the point. she had me x-rayed and walked me through the informative process of how a tooth becomes abscessed. sure enough, my little #14 will most definitely require a root canal. it's probably gonna hurt like hell but, i think it deserves a new life. it's all about second chances people.

so, this thursday seems like a bore fest?? noooooo. i walked away with a new toothbrush and toothpaste! 

p.s. dear JOSIE, this seems most appropriate for you. it's a dedication to you...consider it a welcome hug to my blog. :) 

xxL

No comments:

Post a Comment