Thursday, February 18, 2010

refreshed.


i've been in my room a lot today... it's been nice. partly because i have a huge suitcase in my floor staring at me, waiting to be unpacked, and i've had every intention of doing so at some point (hasn't happened). and partly because, well, i like it. being by myself is fun. it kind of actually teaches me a lot... therapeutic... makes me think. today, while getting some quality lydia time, i thought about:
  • the amount of LOOOVE i have for california.
  • how, after spending a relaxing week at home with my family and friends, especially my sweet and encouraging mom and dad, i want to create some way of carrying each person i love around in my pocket throughout my day to day activities. then, i would be perfectly content. need nothing more. you think it's possible?
  • how, the previous thought is exactly what makes some aspects of life so bittersweet... after all, aren't they the ones who mold you into what you become so you are able to spread your wings? then, do things on your own? why can't they reap the benefits of your successes and your amazing life experiences? they are my best friends and sometimes, separation anxiety sucks.
  • while this ''self-employment thing'' is rewarding and motivating and full of passion chasing goodness, i would rather not have to think about the taxes that come along with it at this time of year. blahhh. 
  • how, the new picture additions of my vintage mom and dad and the (totally 90's) sisterly bonding time with meredith posted beside the more recent photo of us at her wedding are so fitting for my inspiration board.
  • how, really...in all honesty...i have too many clothes. 
  • how, the smell of my vanilla candle could sing to me everyday and be the single contribution to my overall happiness. :)
  • how, my weekend ahead might be filled with a trip to the beach. 
  • my new fresh smelling, clean sheets will be the best thing that happened to me when i crawl in bed tonight. i'm excited.
needless to say, my brain has been racing. alllll day. filled with good thoughts of course.

xx
feeling.refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment