Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sully, the birds, & me...


Today, my precious nephew Sully is celebrating his 10 month birthday (sub-consciously) but, you best believe my sister is super conscious of it! We can't believe how time flies, which is beginning to be a frequently discussed topic. But, really! He's getting so big! & developing such an awesome personality, and growing teeth, and crawling, and laughing, and pooping all up to his belly button much less often- well my sister might not be able to vouch for that but, I have hope that that isn't happening quite as often. He's just becoming a little, big boy! Although, we are all going to be in denial about that for a while I think...it's true. It's no secret that we all don't want to remember what life was like without him. I don't know how many times this Christmas someone said, what did we do last year without him?? I guess he's a pretty lucky boy to have such an enormous amount of people that love him so much, just as we are even luckier to have his sweet young soul to fill us full of joy and all those special things you sometimes forget to laugh about when you become an 'adult' like, how cool it is to burp out loud and spit up on yourself (or someone else) but, also just simple first little smiles are pretty neat to see too. I think it's clear, I looove him. & celebrate his birth today, and everyday, but especially today.


Today, I am also celebrating a beautiful and peaceful mild Wednesday in New York City. I found a sweet spot in the middle of central park, parked my booty on a picnic table and ordered a cafe au lait. It's a nice feeling knowing I am right where I need to be at this moment. Not being certain for any other reason than, I just feel it. Sun is shining, birds landing on the chairs beside me, chirping and graciously begging for something, anything, and I'm staring at the most amazing skyline ever. Oh, and the fact that the employee at this cafe gave me a free macaroon! It's a good day. Take it all in, everyday people. Love on life.


Lyddie

No comments:

Post a Comment