Monday, March 5, 2012

From Addie to Brisie

Current location:
Just flew over the Indian Ocean & took a mental snapshot of the crystal blue water going from a light ice blue to a turquoise to the deepest blue you can imagine... Looking for great white's from above but, having no success in spotting any deadly creatures of that nature. :) We are traveling from Adelaide to Brisbane. 2 shows of 12 are behind us. We have 2 more in this city. I'm on a Qanta's flight, sitting beside a nice man from the Gold Coast, south of Brisbane, just sipping on a cola zero and water (yeah, I never can decide which to get so I just fold and say, both!) The airline is so nice! Far better than American airlines...Free meals, snacks, alcohol. It feels like 1st class even on the back of the plane. I mean... I can't actually imagine what first class is like on here. Geez!
Adelaide was cute! It wasn't the most amazing place I have ever been to in my whole life but, it was sweet. There were lots of old churches and old buildings with wrought iron balconies and tall cobblestone clock towers. A small city, where you had to search for the character but, it was there! I went out on an exploration yesterday for coffee and found an adorable street market happening! Just so you know... That is right up my alley. If I had to do the same thing every Saturday and Sunday for the rest if my life, I would be a street fair/flea market hopper. Yea... Frolicking around, in my own Lyddie land, finding vintage treasures, one of a kind jewelry and clothing and purses and antiques. It would be the happiest time! Which, is exactly what I did yesterday. I got some gift items for others and fed my soul with an Adelaide cultural experience. :) It was guuuud. I also managed to pay $22 for a bag of coffee beans to take home to Brad. It was just one of those things I couldn't have gone home without. THE BEST COFFEE I HAVE EVER PUT IN MY SYSTEM. Delicious! & a unique thing to the city of Adelaide. The beans are from there. I might have a hard time drinking them when I get home. I will certainly savor the sips!
So, this week we are in Brisbane! We have lots in store there... A Koala Santuary, which is apparently the biggest in the world (holding a Guinness book of world record) & the only place left in the world that allows you to cuddle a Koala! I mean... It might not be the same as cuddling with my man but, a chance of a lifetime ehh? :) Maybe a hike in the beautiful mountains too & hopefully another trip to the beach, if the rain goes away...I hear they are a bit more commercial here but, I do LOVE me some beach! Looking forward to new adventures in a new Australian city.
It's been such an awesome, broadening experience thus far. I love traveling and I love being open to new adventure. It keeps me inspired. Missing my Bradley and chatting with Sully each day but, it won't be long until I can hug their necks! XX from the other side of the world.
























{L}
Be smart. Be strong. Be bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment