Friday, March 23, 2012

NZ to Fiji

Vacation has begun... Officially.

I am sitting in the airport in Auckland, New Zealand right now, with 45 minutes of shut eye (meaning no sleep, only eyes closed), a straw beach hat, a backpack, & my sandals. I left my giant suitcase in storage here at the airport so I wouldn't potentially want to shoot myself carrying it around much longer. So, I plan to live In my swimsuit and a few simple things for the next 6 days of my life. I'm really so excited to just go, sit on a beach and do nothing, worry about nothing, talk about nothing except maybe what I want to eat next and how beautiful the sky and world is. Life is beautiful. Traveling has inspired me immensely. I am ready to see the world in its entirety. I have found a rewarding feeling knowing that, we are so small In this huge place. Our problems, concerns, the things we work so hard to achieve are only present. There is so much out there. There is a happy, simple balance to life that should be reached. Calm down, slow down, smile, and be thankful. :)

I will say, The past 5 days in New Zealand has been incredible. This is the most beautiful place I have ever laid eyes on. It's green and lush with gorgeous views of miles and miles of sea. It's very tropical and earthy and makes you wanna walk around bare foot eating the leaves off of the trees! I love it. I was able to do a lot while being here... I hiked to the top of a volcano, swam in the Tasman sea, went wine tasting on Waiheke Island, went on a road trip to the Bay of Islands on a rainy day to see tons of rural back roads and rainforest and then came upon a sleepy little town with the oldest pub/hotel in NZ. But, the besssst....I repelled down a waterfall, swam with an eel in a freshwater pool, jumped off a giant 20ft rock and did it all without even worrying about risking my life. :) It was great! So liberating. Later that day, we laid on a black sand beach (volcanic sand). Amazingness my friends. I could not be in a better place right now. Although, I am realllllly tired and I really miss the love of my life, I am thankful for this time to explore and seizing the opportunity for adventure.

Loving on the present.















L

Be strong. Be smart. Be bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment